SAVE THE DATE during ICF International Coaching Week 2022 for this unique public online lunch-event of ICF Belgium: 'The overview effect - A metaphore for coaching'.
1. What is coaching? Let's compare with The Overview Effect.
2. What is the golden standard in coaching?
Don't miss this unique presentation during the International Coaching Week!
As coaches we all explain and try to create meaningful insights with our clients on the fact that “it’s all about perspective”. How do we look at things? Our coachees' struggles are often created by too narrow views on things impacting them, following also the limitations of the physical location or environment that they operate or live in. One is often simply not aware, not in a position to separate mental processes and views from such private or professional location or environment.
That’s where the Overview Effect comes in and the unique experience of astronauts can inspire us and our clients. Astronauts were equally, before lifting off, ‘limited’ to a world view from within but they have learned one can leave and literally take a broad holistic view on their live environment, reflect, evaluate, wonder, choose and gently then come back.
Would you like to join us aboard for our exciting flight, led by Angelo Vermeulen, former crew commander of the first NASA-funded Mars simulation by HI-SEAS, biologist and artist?
Then join our space platform on May 19, 2022, and our speaker will provide you with an Overview Effect, guaranteed!
Who is it for?
We cordially invite HR managers, leaders, coaches and journalists on May 19, 2022 for our online conference that will take place between 12:00 and 15:00.
- 12:00: Reception
- 12:15: Welcoming by our president, Pascale Perard (FR-NL-ENG)
- 12:30: Presentation by Angelo Vermeulen (ENG), Space systems researcher, former crew commander of the first NASA-funded HI-SEAS Mars simulation, biologist, artist
- What is the so-called Overview Effect
- Personal experience as crew commander of the HI-SEAS Mars simulation, funded by NASA.
- What insights show parallels with the effect of a professional coaching program for leaders and entrepreneurial people
- 13:30: Q&A (FR-NL-ENG)
- 13:45: How does ICF coaching influence increased effectiveness, talent management, leadership skills in the future (FR-NL-ENG) - Presented by Manbir Kaur from New Delhi, ICF Professional Coaches Global Board of Director, Executive & Leadership Coach (ICF-MCC). Manbir is an author, a keynote speaker and contributor to various publications & media including HBR
- The 8 core competencies that ICF certified coaches must continue to meet
- The importance of a quality label
- Who is ICF coaching meant for?
- Q&A (ENG)
- 14:15: Opportunity to connect with Angelo Vermeulen, Manbir Kaur, the ICF Belgium chapter team and ICF certified coaches on Gather Town's virtual 'space platform.
- 15:00: Official closing of ICW 2022 Belgium edition
Experience it yourself!
Participants of this event can benefit from a free professional coaching session. Ask for our conditions.
Continuous Coaching Education Units for coaches: CCEU can be picked up on this page after attending the event
GUEST CODES are available. Ask for our conditions.
For questions regarding this event: firstname.lastname@example.org
What does ICW stand for internationally?
Launched in 1999, International Coaching Week (ICW) is a week-long global celebration that educates the public about the value of working with a professional coach and acknowledges the results and progress made through the coaching process. In 2022, ICW will take place from May 16 to 22. Professional Coaching has the power to transform individuals and organisations but what better way to discover this transformative power than to be experiencing it firsthand?
During ICW, we encourage individuals and organizations all over the world to understand, explore, test and discover the possibilities coaching provides. You have the opportunity to join a variety of ICW events, webinars, conferences, educational workshops, panel discussions, public coaching demonstrations, pro bono sessions and many more activities organized by our ICF chapters and members in their local communities. Open yourself to new learning and experiences!
The ICF Belgium chapter welcomes you to our national event during ICW, on May 19, 2022.
Presented by Angelo Vermeulen and Manbir Kaur
On May 19, 2022
From 12:00 to 15:00